Our Blog has a LARGE GLOWING SIGN. Does yours? So there. BOOMERS !

Thursday, August 20, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - WOODSTOCK!



HAPPY 40th Woodstock!



I cannot believe it has been 40 years since Woodstock -40 years of living a life not quite what we rallied and gathered together for – 40 years of transitioning from our reaffirmation of a non-establishment lifestyle to a somewhat traditional existence. All I can say to that is THANK GOODNESS WE FINALLY GOT IT!

Sometimes (whom am I kidding) most of the time, when I look into the mirror I don’t recognize the person staring back at me. Sometimes I don’t look so worn but that is also the time for another glass of wine (or whine) :) But most of the time I am truly happy with who I’ve become, my family, career choices and friendships. But, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I do miss the excitement of anticipation – of feeling that you can do anything, act however, and to hell with the establishment (which I am now a thriving member). And just think you could actually lie on the grass and get up without any help. Maybe that part is the same but for different reasons. Yes, I miss Woodstock.

But, believe it or not, I think I am at a better place. I know who I am – I have accomplishments I never dreamed of – family and friends I love and respect but ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I do miss the excitement. Which leads me into what SrMeetUp! is doing to help rekindle your passions, whether on the grass or not. SrMeetUp! is putting together the best life/career coaches, career transition teams, resume writers, volunteer organizations and the like to get the feeling of anticipation flowing yet again.
Stay tuned for exciting, challenging and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the excitement of anticipation.

In Friendship


Elaine



####

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTE: When you either review comments or post new comments of your own, a little message might come up at the top of the Comment Section Window saying "Close This Window"...Don't use it!
Instead, read and/or post your comments, submit them, and *HIT THE "BACK" ARROW* in the upper left-hand corner of your computer to get right back to the blog hassle-free. Sometimes, if GOOGLE gets feisty, this may take several clicks on the "Back" arrow...but it always works. We appreciate your comments, and permit profanity.

--Stanley Kowalski, Operations Manager
SrMeetUP!

*Add This Site To Your FAVORITES.

SRMEETUP... SRMEETUP... SRMEETUP... SRMEETUP...
SRMEETUP... SRMEETUP... SRMEETUP... SRMEETUP...
SRMEETUP... SRMEETUP... SRMEETUP... SRMEETUP...
SRMEETUP... SRMEETUP... SRMEETUP... SRMEETUP...